Monday, June 2, 2008

Looking back.....

As I mentioned, yesterday was the one year anniversary of this little blog called Sarah Sez. I have to admit that I never imagined that what I thought would just be a way to share pics of Jack and random stuff that I found amusing with close friends and family, would grow into a site that receives almost 1500 visits per week.

Lot's of things have happened in this past year:

--A year ago this time Barack Obama was just a Senator from Illinois, in the past year he has spoken some of the most inspiring and eloquent words that I have ever heard. I pray that he is elected President.

--Last year at this time Britney still had not boarded the crazy train. What an interesting ride that has been. I think if I was stranded on a deserted island for a couple of years one of the first things I would ask after getting off would be "what's going on with Britney?"

--Paris went to jail. I thought she was punished a little harshly, but it was fun watching all of the crazy stuff that went along with it

--I discovered that Walt Disney World is really the most magical place on earth and that when you wish upon a star, it makes no difference who you are, when you wish upon a star, your dreams come true. I am not so sure that I really ever believed that until Dexter James Fulton came into our lives.

--blogging controversy struck less than a few weeks into the conception of Sarah Sez. It seems that someone was unhappy with my lack of performance at last years Relay For Life and the team that our church was sponsoring. Out of that I learned that tacos in a bag are sure not going to cure cancer, that Chivesky Field-no matter what- is going to make me think of NCHS football, and that some people really are just hypocritical idiots.

--one of my greatest discoveries of this past year was a little television show called LOST. At times, I wonder why I ever started watching it, so many unanswered questions, I can't wait for the next season!

--I am not shy about expressing my love for the NCHS Football team. One of my greatest joys in life is attending their football games. Last year was no exception. Jack found his first superhero in the form of a young man named Ty May. Ty May made the games that much more fun to watch and Jack really got into it. He still practices his kicks like Ty May.

--After last years play-off game versus the Duqouin Indians, I expressed my disappointment with the fact that the band did not play at the game. I had no idea that this would stir up a HUGE controversy bringing out the band vs. football discussion. Names were called, kazoo bands were formed, and I have to say that I pretty much enjoyed every minute of it.

--Jack was 2 1/2 years old when Sarah Sez began. A year later he has went to pre-school, is potty trained, and getting ready to become a big brother.

I cannot begin to express the amount of joy this blog has brought me. Being a stay-at-home Mom at times I feel disconnected from the rest of the world. Somehow, Sarah Sez has given me that connection that I so desperately needed. Even if no one read it, I cannot imagine living without it. With Baby #2 on the way, things may slow down from time to time, but never fear--Sarah Sez is here to stay.

To sum it all up:

CANCER=BAD
NCHS FOOTBALL=GOOD

and Sarah Sez marches on...even in the rain

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

thanks for bring up the taco in a bag! i sure could go for one of those right about now! if nothing else whomever the anonymous idiot was that had the nerve to post (and not leave their name) at least did us that one great service. Taco's in a Bag are great. Not Cancer Curing great, but pretty Gosh Damn Good! Also, thanks for having the balls to keep blogging even when controversy struck! I sure would hate to have to call you a pussy and a quitter! Here's to another year!

Amber M said...

I really, really love your blog and Rebekah's too. I check them everyday. I don't know what I would do without them.

By the way, you do know that this is Lisa's sister right?

Aubrey said...

I'm glad that you would march in the rain for everyone Sarah!! I know you don't have (and I think I will quote this correctly) "candy up your ass!!"

Jamee said...

Oh, Barack isn't the only eloquent one. I shed a tear.

Sarah D said...

Amber M-I do know that you are Lisa's sister. Thanks for being a loyal reader. I am so glad that you enjoy the blog!

Aubrey, sounds like you may have been talking to my Dad! :)

Michelle F said...

Congrats Sarah Sez on a great year. Gabe wants to remind you that he came up with the name :).
I love checking out your blog to see what Jack has been up to or who you might offend next! Thanks for the occasional Fulton kid cameos!