Monday, May 12, 2008

Push Presents


This morning on The VIEW they talked about "push presents". In case you don't know what those are, they are a gift given to you by the father (or life partner) of your child after you "push" it out. The gift that says hey, I would impregnate you all over again. Until I googled the term, I was unaware of how big of a deal this really was.
~
Honestly, after I had Jack I was just glad Cliff went to get me an iced tea and a copy of the new PEOPLE magazine. This time around I know I need to shoot for much more. I really like this ring.
~
Frankly, I will probably be happy with a magazine and an iced tea. I may get a little brave and ask for a sandwich from Jimmy John's as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I had never heard of this either until I moved to Louisiana.

Several of my friends have gotten very pretty Aquamarine & Diamond rings. Kinda makes a girl JEALOUS!!!

Jamee said...

After Emily was born, I got a saphire band, her birthstone. After Hayden was born, I got an emerald band, his birthstone. I bought them for myself. If you want a gift to signify laboring for your kids, buy it. Only you know how much you sacrifice for them, everyone else just watches from the outside.

Sarah D said...

good point Jamee.

I actually think that the term "push present" is just some made up overcommercialized thing that the jewelry industry came up with. Kind of like Groundhog Day.

I think a Billy Club from JJ's will suit me just fine!!

Christina said...

My bff worked at Weber's Jewelry in T-Town a few months ago. She said lots of guys, including my cousin's husband, came in to get push presents!
I told her that next time I have a baby she should coach Chris into getting me a good present. I showed her an adorable modern charm-like bracelet I'd like. :-)

Jamee said...

Double Steak burger and mint chocolate milk shake from Steak and Shake. OH OH, BIG NEWS, Mattoon is getting a Quiznos by Wal-Mart, that is what I would ask for.

Aubrey said...

Man - my hubby must really suck!! I don't think he gave me anything - well, Grady, but I worked hard for that. I like the way you think, Jamee!

The Vollmers said...

I didn't learn about Push Presents until my baby shower for my 2nd baby. I did a double take: "What?" Another way to get some jewelry??? Whoo hoo!

Seriously, though, I was happy with a big 'ol platter of sushi at my favorite Thai/Japanese restaurant after the birth of both of my boys.

Greetings from your newest fan, one of Christina's new blog-friends.