Sunday, May 4, 2008

Feeling queasy

I feel like crap. Pretty much most of the time. Tired. Like a constant hangover but I did not get to at least enjoy having the fun that usually comes prior to the hangover. Eating something usually helps. I am sure that I am putting on the weight at a pretty rapid pace. That's just what I need. Not only am I still carrying around some pounds from Jack, but I also have the baby weight from Jill's last pregnancy with Gus (when she is on maternity leave, we go out to lunch A LOT).
To make matters worse, diet coke has become unenjoyable to me. I still like it in the fountain form, but the bottled and canned version that I keep a stockpile of at home is not that appealing to me. I know you are supposed to lay off the caffeine while knocked up, but that is one of the pregnancy rules I do not subscribe to. I have stopped drinking that fifth of Jack a day.

2 comments:

Amanda M said...

Did you have this type of sickness with Jack? I hope it is over for you soon. But don't you love that you can eat for TWO? I think I ate for about 6. I will post some pictures on the blog of my last day of pregoness. You won't believe it!

Anonymous said...

Sarah...I LIVED on Almonds when I was pregnant with Madelyn. But only the unsalted/unroasted ones worked for me. I found them at Whole Foods but I think Sam's has them now.

I felt the exact same way---throughout my entire pregnancy. Most people say to eat crackers but that never worked for me. I drank LOTS of freezing cold Sprite and ate almonds!! And I don't even like Sprite...but it made me feel better.