Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

THINGS MOTHERS SAY
All of us were guided by our mother's voice, wisdom and common sense, even if we didn't think so at the time. Whether we remember what she said fondly, or try to forget these phrases, they are still part of us. Ultimately, without even realizing it, we pass them along to our children,
who will in most likelihood pass it on to their children.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Someday your face will freeze like that!
What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?
You're going to put your eye out with that thing!
How many times do I have to tell you...don't throw things in the house!
Close the door behind you -- were you born in a barn?
Don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been.
Why? Because I said so, that's why?
Don't use that tone with me!
Eat those carrots, they're good for your eyes. Have you ever seen a rabbit wearing glasses?
Did you flush?
You can be anything you want to, if you just set your mind to it.
There's enough dirt in those ears to grow potatoes!
Be good -- but if you can't be good, be careful.
I don't care what "everyone" is doing, I care what you are doing!
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.
I hope someday you have children just like you.
Don't talk with your mouth full!
Always put on clean underwear in the morning, in case you're in an accident.
Sit like a lady!
Don't pick, it'll get infected.
I'm not just talking to hear myself.
I'm going to give you until the count of three.
Put that down! You don't know where it's been!
Don't cross your eyes or they'll freeze that way.
If you swallow a watermelon seed, a watermelon will grow out your ears.
There's enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes.

1 comment:

Christina said...

The funny thing is that the very 1st thing I thought of when I read this post was that my mom used to say, "Don't call me mom. Tell people I'm your sister!" We'd laugh and giggle while I'd insist we were sisters. Now, from time to time when she introduces me to someone new I'll again tell the story of why I call her mom but really she's my sister. :-)