Thursday, May 15, 2008

If this is plus size--we got a problem


This is Whitney.
Whitney is the winner of the latest "cycle" of America's Next Top Model.
Whitney wears a size 8/10.
Whitney is considered plus-size.
Considering the average American woman is a size 14,
Whitney is not even average size.
I saw Whitney on an ANTM marathon MTV had this weekend. She is BEAUTIFUL and was my immediate favorite, but I certainly did not think she looked like I would see her the next time I was shopping at Lane Bryant.
Whitney winning this competition is being touted as a step forward for the fashion industry and their acceptance of a "real size" woman.
What do you think??

3 comments:

Christina said...

Whitney is H-O-T HOT! :-) Seriously, you know this pic was probably airbrushed - and she's probably wear Spanx to keep it all in and up. :-) I agree that she's beautiful and that this is a positive trend for the fashion world. I don't think she's plus-sized! But, I guess compared to the 6'2" 101 lb models she's in the business with... she probably looks larger than they do. The sad thing is that she is being labeled as 'plus-sized' because of her profession. If she were an every-day girl that you worked with or at your chuch - you'd never think that of her.
Man... I wrote a book!!! :-)

joanna m said...

If she is "plus-sized" what are all of us other people who are bigger than an 8/10 called??
I probably don't want to know.



Sarah, Amber came to the game Monday and took pixs of the boys playing, they are really good, check them out when you get a chance.

Jamee said...

You know what I think she looks like, confidence.