Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Polygamy

There is not much going on in the Presidential election world. Luckily to take over that lull in the news world we have an even more exciting story---POLYGAMY!!

Wonder just what that is??

Here is what I found:
Polygyny is one man married to several women.
Polyandry is one woman married to several men.
Polygamy refers to either arrangement.
The Utah Mormon church practiced polygyny.
Several of today's Mormon faiths practice both polygyny and polyandry, which is consistent with the practices of Joseph Smith the faith's founder.

You never hear much about Polyandry.

I watched the first two seasons of "BIG LOVE". The HBO show about a man (Bill Paxton) and his three wives. They make it look almost fun. I am guessing that it was not like that at that compound in Texas. Anytime the word compound is mentioned things just don't seem to end well.

Polygamy seems to be wrong on many reasons. One of them being the horrible long floral dresses and braids with no bangs. Some people just need bangs.

6 comments:

Emily Volkman said...

Amen sista!!!

Nancy said...

HMMM..I kinda like that 3-guy idea. One to clean and cook, one to work and bring home the $$, and of course the third one would be there to pamper me. hahahah

Anonymous said...

Oh Man...don't get me started! I could go on forever and ever voicing my opinion. It's Just Plain Wrong!!

Christina said...

I've put entirely too much thought into the whole multiple spouses thing... blame my thought on insomnia... so, if you have multiple spouses... who's the breadwinner, who mow's the lawn, who grocery shops, and is there like a schedule for when you gets to have sex?
Like I said... insomnia... nothing better to think about.
I agree on the bangs thing and the floral dresses... ;-)

Amanda M said...

I read a book called Escape by Carolyn Jessop. It is about polygamy and the escape from it. It is a great book and would recommend it to anyone to learn more about the subject!

Sarah D said...

Is Emily's amen about the bangs??