Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just like......

Jack can ride a bike. Pretty well for a three year old (with training wheels of course). About every day when it is nice out we go for a ride around the block. He rides, I walk. Jack is getting so good at the bike riding thing that I am having a hard time keeping up with him--I don't run, my boobs are way to big for that.


I got Cliff a bicycle for Christmas and he and Jack have started riding together around the neighborhood. Last night Cliff lowered the seat and for the first time in years and years, I rode a bike. And you know what, it's true what they say, it is just like riding a bike. And unlike most forms of exercise, I actually enjoyed it. I don't foresee myself becoming the next Lance Armstrong or anything (and why would I want to--I REALLY DO NOT LIKE HIM!!!) or even a Tim K. Farley riding around town with my hair flowing in the breeze, but Jack and I may just start riding together.

It did take me a little while to figure out why my butt was so sore when I got up this morning. Cliff's bike seat is not made for a bigger gal such as myself.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ahhh... bike butt... ouch!
Have fun riding your bikes around Newton! I want a bike... trying to bribe Chris into getting us bikes for Mother's Day/Father's Day so we can ride the trails up here. I incorporate exercise with 1st having to buy something to get me motivated! :-)
Also, wanted to give you a shout out on the Obama image... you know I'm a JM fan/unofficial campaign volunteer/etc. but, I love this graphic 'Bros before Hoes' Sooo Funny! :-)

Sarah D said...

Christina, I got Cliff's bike at a factory outlet in Olney. They had tons and they were such great prices. I really want an old school one for myself with the fat tires. They even had those in pink!!!