Sunday, July 20, 2008

First corn on the cob of summer and an Amish driver

Yesterday as Jack and I were driving by the square we noticed that they were having a farmer's market. And when I say farmer's market I mean the Bergbower Girls Selling Sweet Corn and some Amish chick selling baked goods. We stopped by to pick up some corn from the Bergbower Girls (Kalynn and Morgan).
We gave the Amish baked good stand a pass. It was being manned by a girl in Amish clothing who suspiciously had a Pontiac Grand Prix parked beside her table. When did the Amish start driving? Is that not a sin that will take you straight to Amish hell? I am sure her baked goods were delish, but who knows she could have been someone posing as Amish just to get people to stop. I should have went over and suggested to her if she is going to have a car perhaps she should go with something like the Buick Le Sabre.
It seems much more Amish than a Grand Prix.




We had the corn for lunch today and it was SO good! Jack loved it!

If only we would have had some fresh garden tomatoes to go along with it.

At only $3 for a dozen ears I sure am hoping they will be back next Saturday!


4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I drive a Grand Prix - I assure you I am not Amish. I would sure hate to be Amish on a day like today with no A/C!!

I think I know where those Bergbower girls get their corn - I could show you for less than $3!! ;)

Nancy said...

Hmmm.. sounds like she could pick you up in her grand prix and get a trunk load..maybe for free??

Don't the amish girls go pantiless??
Nice breeze up the ol dress.

I ran into a couple amish women at walmart.. buying throw rugs.. Whats up with that??
I think maybe they are getting lazy.

Dawn said...

That corn looks so damn goooood.

Aubrey said...

My dad hauls lumber to an Amish man (should that be one word?) in Arthur - my dad would be the perfect person to ask whether or not they go pantiless.

Update after he hauls this week!!