Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter....the day after

Is it possible to have post-partum Easter depression?

I have pics from the Easter weekend that I will post soon, but here are just a few random musings from this past weekend.

Cliff and I took Jack and Cooper to Chuck E. Cheese in Evansville on Saturday. We had a good time. I did not get to play any skee ball and that is one of the few sports that I excel at. Well skee ball and badminton. I am really good at badminton. The boys had a good time. Jack was scared TO DEATH of Chuck E Cheese and had a minor meltdown when he came around. Jack does not like characters (that's what he calls them) at all. He would not go to his pre-school's Easter party last week because the Easter bunny was going to be there. Your kid is scared of "characters" of any shape or sort--I have a great idea, make plans for a vacation at Disney World!

We stopped at Target in Evansville. While I shopped Jack, Cooper, and Cliff looked at the toys. When I got back to the jeep, Cliff had purchased a Power Rangers video game for Cooper and a remote control helicopter for Jack. Jack has wanted a remote control helicopter since Gabe got one for Christmas. Gabe is 8. Jack is 3. This is an appropriate toy for an 8 year old, and I think that may be the recommended age on the package. Jack does love it and said it was awesome and cool and what he always wanted. I think it is pretty much made of styrofoam. It buzzes around annoyingly like a bat. I already want to throw it in the trash. I think Cliff likes it more than Jack because he was more than just a little annoyed with me when I accidentally threw my purse on top of it possibly damaging it for life. Don't worry, it still works.

Jack got a bubble machine for Easter. Why is Easter a bubble holiday? Jesus has risen--let's celebrate with bubbles?! Of course we let him play with it in the house. There is now a soapy residue all over the surfaces of everything in our house. As if the bubbles were not bad enough, he got finger paints, a Curious George stamp set, and play dough. You can imagine what we did today.

By the time we got to church on Sunday morning Jack had eaten an entire roll of lifesavers that he had gotten in his Easter basket. Cliff thought we were going to have to take him home because he was a little high from all of the sugar, I thought he was fine until he started dancing in the aisle at church. And he really did dance (badly, but it was dancing), I am not sure what the hymn was, but it really did not have that great of a dancing beat. As I tried to grab Jack without making a scene, he said "but Mama, I just want to dance." Maybe Jack had our church confused with the church Barack Obama used to go to, but dancing in the aisles is kind of frowned upon at the church we attend. I got him to stop, but it did kind of give me the urge to go home and watch Footloose.

12 comments:

Jamee said...

Who doesn't like you. When I get fun stuff like play-doe, finger paint, and make-up I hide it. I don't let Emily play with it. Your a fun mom.

Sarah D said...

Fun or stupid....you decide

Sarah D said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I, too love skee ball. How can you go to Chuck E. Cheese and not play Skee Ball??? What - Were the kids hogging it? You couldn't just push 'em to the side?

Sarah D said...

There were a lot of kids there (lot's of them annoying). Plus, I was holding everyones coats, my purse, and the camera.

Maybe someday I will get to make and adults only trip to Chuck E Cheese. Or Dave and Busters-Chuck E Cheese for grown-ups.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's exactly what I was gonna say.....Where is the closest Dave and Buster's to you?

The closest to us is Houston...GRRR!

Sarah D said...

I think St. Louis.

The old broom factory building on North Church street was empty last time I checked, maybe Newton needs it's own version of Dave and Busters.

Anonymous said...

OOOOOH...Sounds like you need to drum up a coupla investors!!

You could call it Broom and Duster's!!

Sarah D said...

Tracie that is a super fab idea.

Love that name.

If it ever happens, next time you are home, the first game of skee ball is on me.

hncfarley said...

Sorry to burst your bubble girls, the broom factory sold. It is now a warehouse for an ebay seller, I know it seems a bit big, but I think it is car parts or something like that. But I was going to say you could call it Dave Buntons(or some other twist on his name) since it is next to them. (Sadly they were considering buying it and they probably would have if they would have had the Dave and Busters idea)
Now, did someone say you weren't a fun mom? Your let him have bubbles in the house! Finger paint really isn't designed for parents who don't like to clean up messes. It should say that on the package.
Also, Chad did Ross's birthday shopping last year, turned 4, and he got a remote control boat. I think the package said ages 9+, who do you think that boat was for?!? Go Cliff, way to use your kid as a front.

Sarah D said...

Wow. Newton is BIG time. An e-bay seller has their warehouse on N Church Street? I would like more info. Perhaps Dave needs to be interviewed or sent out on a fact finding mission.

That's a lot of e-baying. Wonder what they charge for shipping....it's the shipping that always gets you.

amberlindemann said...

Find a building and you can count on the Lindemanns to invest.

We NEED a Dave and Busters.

We could put a mini version in the old Royal building..........