Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bamp's retirement party

Here are some pictures from my Dad's retirement party held 2-28 at the Mason Hall in Newton.
Dad giving his speech.


Dad getting his plaque from Ed Mitchell, Chairman of the Jasper County Board.



Jack in his tie.


There is a story behind this tie, a few months ago I was watching one of Barack Obama's moving speeches on CNN and Jack said "I want a shirt with a hang down thing like Barack Obama." So, the week before Dad's party Jack got this shirt and tie at the Children's Place to wear to Dad's party and for Easter. He was so proud of the tie that he wore it all over the mall in Terre Haure and kept going up to people saying BARACK OBAMA! So, that is his "Barack Obama" tie.


Jack with Bamp











Jason Warfel, hottie and candidate for State Rep.
Jason read a letter that he had obtained from Illinois Senator Dick Durbin recognizing my Dad for his years of service to Jasper County and the State of Illinois.







Dexter and Poppy (my Grandpa Knepper)







Michelle presenting the plaque that we (me, Michelle, and Rebekah) had made for Dad.
There is story behind this one as well.
When we found out they were having a reception for Dad we knew that we needed to get him a gift. A plaque with a quote is what we came up with, but we did not know what quote to use. Rebekah and I were searching for the perfect quote. Something from Lincoln or JFK is what we had in mind, when I asked Michelle if she had any ideas of a quote to use she said, well my favorite Ray Diel quote is "You can't argue with a dumbass" so, that is what we went with.
Michelle said she uses it at work all the time, and when you think about it, it sure is true.
Nancy Allen made the plaque for us and did a beautiful job, last time I checked with her at the retirement party, she had taken orders for four of them!



oh yeah, there was cake and according to Jack, it was really good!


No comments: