Monday, March 3, 2008

Disney Magic

I booked our Disney trip this weekend. We go September 13-18th and are staying at the Coronado Springs Resort (pictures below). I planned to include the dining plan when I made my reservations. For a fairly reasonable cost, the Disney dining plan gives you one counter service (fast food type meal, but better) and one table (sit-down) service meal per day. When we went last September, Disney was offering the dining plan for FREE as a promotion to lure people to the World during their slow time. It was an amazing deal and I was hoping to score it again this year for our trip, even if they did not offer the free dining, I was going to go ahead with the dining plan. And since they would not be announcing one way or another on the free dining until April, I was just going to go ahead and make my resort reservations along with dining and hope to get the dining plan changed to free later.

When I called Saturday night to make my reservations the very nice man I talked to took all my info, booked me in the resort I wanted (hopefully with the room location that I want) and with the dining plan. When I asked him about free dining (hoping he would give me some inside info on when or if they would announce the plan being offered for September, he said "I think I have something for that" and magically found me some type of code and gave me the dining plan for free. I asked him numerous times if he was sure, because it really was too good to be true. When I talked to my sister, Michelle (the Disney expert/Nazi) she too was very skeptical. So, yesterday I called Disney twice and received two conformation e-mails from them. All the calls and e-mails confirmed that I did receive the dining plan for free! The last person (cast member) that I spoke to said that he should not have given me free dining but they were not going to take it away from me!

What an awesome way to begin our trip planning! Now, I have to decide where we are going to eat all of that free food!







11 comments:

Christina said...

The resort looks so nice! I'd be happy just to hang out there! No Disney needed! :-)
The free meal deal is sweet! :-) Go play the lottery - you're lucky!!!

Anonymous said...

Of course, listening to you go on and on about the "D-word", I have started looking into possibly taking a trip soon. Jenna has been several times with her dad - and Bruce has been several times. However, the little kids and I have never been to DISNEY. I do have quite a fear of taking all my chitlins on a trip like this. But then I remembered - Hey even Kate Gosselin and her hubby Jon took their 8 kids...and stayed pretty prganized, I night add. If she can do it, surely I can too!!

I almost choked on my sweet tea when I realized that for ALL 6 of us to fly; our trip, including a suite at the Caribbean Beach Resort for 7 days and 6 nights, Park Hopper tickets for 6 days and meal allowances for 6 days........will cost us a sweet 10-GRAND!!! GULP.

Now, I am not a fortune teller or anything - but I really do not see this happening anytime in The Crain Family immediate future!!!

Rebekah said...

I feel your pain, Tracie. I checked into that same 6 person vaca, as well!

Sarah D said...

Tracie,did you check into the All Star Music suites? I think they may be cheaper.

$10.000 is a lot of $$

Anonymous said...

I guess that's what we get for having a big family!!!!

I keep telling myself that maybe one day the Disney - Fairy Godmother will take pity on us and send us a 75% discount. HA!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know they had suites. I will have to look into that. We even thought about staying "outside" the park, but none of those hotels have suites that are any less expensive. And 2 rooms would cost us just as much. I will take a look at the All-Star Music Suites.

Thanks Sarah!

BB said...

I'll let you know how your resort looks when we go to WDW in 2 weeks! It's finally here. We're staying at the Port Orleans-Riverside. Good deal on the dining plan. For the 3 of us to go, which includes flying, moderate resort and dining plan...around $3800. Thank goodness for a payment plan 6 months ago.

hncfarley said...

Tracie, honey, we need to talk. The Farley family can guide you to a much cheaper way. We rented a house in Kissimme for a week, for around $100-110 per night. We had two master suites, and two extra bedrooms with twin beds. We cooked most of our meals at the house (grilled mostly) unless we were in the parks or out for the day. Our house also had a pool and hot tub and we didn't have to worry about lots of other people, just us. After the kids went to bed we would go sit in the hot tub. Pool also had gaiting that we put up at night for safety (small kids here). We also drove down and we had our own vehicle but we were only about 30minutes from all the attractions. All said and done, and a few magic moments later (shout out to Amber) our then family of four did it for under $2,000. I wouldn't call it "Magical" but it was a lot of fun!!

Anonymous said...

OK-Farley Family. GUIDE AWAY!

Do you still have the contact info for that house?

What time of the year did you go?

You kinda got me on that cooking thing tho. I don't like to cook when I'm on vaca. I may need a little more persuading.

Sarah D said...

Tracie,

I will give Holly your e-mail address. Hopefully she can hook you up "Farley Style"!

Anonymous said...

SWEET!