Saturday, March 14, 2009

Stimulate the economy like this?

Like the rest of the nation, the state of California is in a financial crisis. Instead of a boring stimulus plan, some California lawmakers have come up with a novel way to stimulate their economy. Legalizing marijuana. Like tobacco and alcohol the production would be regulated and the sales would be taxed.

You can read more about it here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090313/us_time/08599188495600


What do you think??
Vote on my poll on the right hand side of the screen.
Leave me a comment with your thoughts pro or con.
I am very interested to see the results of this one.

1 comment:

Christina said...

First, I don't smoke pot... haven't in close to 10 years... BUT... we just talked about this in Social Problems this week. There are some very good and interesting reasons to legalize it. I'm voting in your poll to legalize it because I just don't know of enough good reasons not to.