Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I know I have not been posting that much for the past few days-or at least anything of any substance. I am a little blocked and since my camera is still not working with my computer I have plenty of pictures to post, I can't do that.

Jack is going to school today. He usually just goes on Fridays, but has missed the past two due to a holiday and a snow day so, he is going this afternoon to make up some of his missed days. He is really excited about going.

Tomorrow Jack goes for pre-school screening. I am not sure why I take him, I will just be told that he won't get into Pre-K and then I will leave feeling angry and somehow cheated.

Tomorrow night begins the whirlwind Ray Diel as Jasper County Clerk farewell tour with a dinner and then a reception after at the Mason Hall. They are also having something in the County Clerk's office on Friday afternoon.
Hopefully someday I will be able to post pictures of all of these events.

Friday is my Grandma Lois's birthday. She was born on Feb. 29th so, she is 20 years old! There is a party for her on Friday night.
Jack is excited about attending all of these receptions/parties. He expects there to be games and party blowers. I am afraid he will be a little bit disappointed.

Colleen is leaving (or has already left) to go to Florida to get married to Chalen Swick (no relation) on a cruise. Bon Voyage Colleen!!



3 comments:

hncfarley said...

Who's Chafin Swick? That name sounds familiar?

Christina said...

I hope Jack had a good day at school and that pre-school screening went as good as can be expected. Will he be going to pre-K next year? Newton needs more options for daycares and preschools. Effy isn't much better.
Is Chafin Swick related to Aaron Swick? Just curious. :-)

Sarah D said...

Christina,

Jack probably will not get into pre-k, he is only three, but even next year I doubt that he makes it. A double edged sword really. You don't want them to make it in because they "need" it, but a free very good (and really only one available) pre-school would not be so bad.

Chalen Swick is not related to Aaron. That is why I put the -no relation- we are very good friends with the Swick family that Aaron belongs to and I am in business with his sister and Mother.