Thursday, January 17, 2008

Get the net







Jack was in bed with me this morning he woke up and immediately sat up and said "it's a GREAT DAY!" I thought that is so cute and I was so sure it would be a great day.

The day has not been that great.


  • Jack's behavior today has left something to be desired. He has now figured out the "my stomach hurts" thing and says that when he is in trouble or I ask him to do something he does not want to. His stomach hurt a lot today.
  • I think I have carbon monoxide poisoning.
  • Jack somehow broke his new television. He put a movie in himself (a big no-no) and turned the volume way up and when I went in his room to turn it down-nothing-no buttons would work. I tried to fix it by unplugging it and plugging it back in and then it would not turn on at all. I called Jeremy and he came over and fixed it. It may have had something to do with all of the Windex Jack had sprayed on his TV to clean it.
  • The zipper on my pants is broken and it won't stay up.
  • No one is voting for monkey on my poll. Poor monkeys.
  • Jack peed his pants. He came into the kitchen while I was washing dishes and said "I'm sorry Mommy" I looked down to see that his pant legs were soaked. This was approximately one minute after I had asked him if he needed to use the bathroom. I found the puddle of pee on the living room floor approximately one hour later with my foot=sock change.
  • The Mother of the Year award that I was just sure I would win flew out the window today as I let Jack eat an entire Hershey bar for breakfast and an ice cream cone from DQ before supper this evening.
Thinking about it, except for the carbon monoxide poisoning thing (which I am sure will go away with a couple of aspirin), things could be much worse. Tomorrow is another day. Another chance to feed Jack a healthy breakfast, the polls are still open and monkey still could get some votes, and another pair of pants with a zipper that works to wear.

3 comments:

Jamee said...

I hate fixing breakfast for the kids. Hank says I am lazy. I invested in hostess muffins and bagels. Your still a good mom.

Anonymous said...

A Hershey Bar for breakfast every once in a while never killed anyone. At least not my kids. If it causes momma less stress when it's "one of those days", I say "Go For It". Maybe you can even get him to SHARE!

Aubrey said...

I say as long as they eat something it is nutritious, maybe not good-for-you-nutritious, but still nutritious.