Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Book review --Little House style

I recently finished reading Melissa Gilbert's book Prairie Tale.

With all of the Mackenzie Phillips "I slept with my father" talk out there,
this book was a breath of fresh air.
As a long time devoted fan of Little House on the Prairie (LHOTP), I found it to be highly enjoyable. Michael Landon sounded pretty Pa like in real life. She did not like the girl who played Mary (I never really liked Mary myself)
and was good friends with the girl who played Nellie.
Besides the inside scoop on LHOTP, she pretty much tells all about her life.
This book is not going to win a Pulitzer Prize, but I give it two thumbs up.

2 comments:

Browningblog said...

This sounds like one worth reading. I remember one time Seventeen Magazine (I think I was addicted to that thing) did a photo shoot with "Laura and Nellie", it was easy to tell they were friends, but weird seeing them get along even in the magazine.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting about this. I have it on hold at the library. But since it is new, it may be awhile before I get it.
Now I might just hafta go out and buy it!