Sunday, February 21, 2010

We made it!! T.R. pt 4

If you would like to place a bet on how many posts this trip report us going to take, please comment with your guess. I'll say 37.

I'm going to try really hard to get it close to wrapped up this week. More posts, less going off subject.

Around oneish in the afternoon on Saturday we drove onto Disney property. There it was, the sign. Welcoming us. We had made it.
I got a little teary.

This is where we would be staying for the week.
Disney's New Orleans themed resort.
This place was just fabulous.
Better than I had expected.
We all loved it.
I'll share more pictures of our resort in a later post.

We pulled up and parked and made our way inside.
I went to check-in (with no waiting).
I had requested a certain location on the resort property, and when Everett the CM (cast member) that was checking us in told me the building we had been assigned to I was a little disappointed. He said he would see what he could do, stepped away and came back a few seconds later with what he told me was a better location.
Everett seemed to know his stuff so I took his word for it.
Everett gave Cliff and Harrison "My First Visit" pins and also hooked Jack and Harry up with a pile of beads.
We parked and headed to our room.









Mousekeeping had left us a little surprise.....

Everett was right.
I could not have imagined a better location.
Our building faced the river and was just steps away from the
boat launch that took resort guests to Downtown Disney.




Jack loved watching the boats and waving at the passengers.







Coming up, part 5
A character encounter, an almost breakdown, and that promised Seinfeld reference






1 comment:

Ashley and Evan said...

Love the room. I can't wait to see the other photos and hear the rest of the story.