Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow day


Thank you Jasper Unit #1 for your 6:00 am phone call announcing that there was no school.
If you read the post below, you will know that at 6:00 am I had been asleep for about an hour.
Your new fancy phone call system sure is nice. I get a call on my home phone and my cell letting me know school is cancelled.
I remember the good old days sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast with my sisters on a snowy winter morning just waiting for Greg and Larry from the Effingham radio station to add Jasper County schools to the list of cancellations. And, if all else fails you could always count on calling the time and temp number.
Now, we get the automated call. That EARLY morning automated call. The call that comes when you would pay a million dollars for 30 more minutes of sleep. That call that wakes you and your almost 4 year old out of a sleep that you can't get back.
HAPPY FREAKIN SNOW DAY

1 comment:

Karla K said...

Oh, I feel for you! I was groaning about it and I had had a good nights rest and no baby to worry about. I almost didn't get up to answer it because I knew it had to be school, but then I had tht fleeting thought that what if it was someone else, family emergency, etc. So I leaped up and listened to Mr. Alburtus!