Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Total Eclipse of the Fart/The British are coming

The title of this post really has nothing to do with where this post (and it may take a while) will eventually lead. I just had Total Eclipse of the Heart in my head. Turn around.....


and because I have a little 7th grade boy in me I started thinking it would have been funnier if the song was called Total Eclipse of the Fart. Then I got to thinking about a fun game I have played a time or two with a group of friends and just maybe an adult beverage (or roadie) in a huggie (or koozy) where you change the name of a normal TV show or movie to something a little more racy. Like...

Doogie Hoser M.D.
Star Whores
Titanic
Romancing the Bone
Ole Yeller

.....I could go on and on


and then I got to giggling. Pretty hard.


and then I got to thinking about what happened to me yesterday morning, and I got to laughing pretty hard. It was either laugh or cry. Laughing is always better.


Yesterday morning I awoke to phone calls, text messages, and emails asking if I was ok. Was I in London. How was London. Could I pick up a Big Ben calendar while I was in London. How did I get to London, etc and so on and so forth. (lucky for me most of my friends have a REALLY good sense of humor)


WHY these questions you ask???


You may recall that a while back I had some illegal type activity (I was the victim, not the criminal) going on that involved my email account. I did not close said account (my bad). I opened another account and slowly tried to pick up the pieces and move on.


Anyone that was in the contact list of my old account (and it was a rather large contact list) received the email below yesterday morning:

Hi,

I am writing this with tears in my eyes, sorry I did not inform you about my trip. I actually made a quick travel to London and unfortunately attacked and mugged at gun point on the way to my hotel, all cash, credit cards and cell were stolen off me but luckily I still have my passport with me. I've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're helping issues at all and my return flight leaves anytime from now but I'm having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let me leave until I settle the bills.

Am freaked out at the moment.

SARAH D.

~~~~~~

I am NOT in London. Due to some volcanic ash problems I don't even think I could go to London if I wanted. I'd tell you if I were going. I don't even have a passport. I need to walk quite a few more 5k's before I am "passport picture" ready.

This email is part of what is called a phishing scam (adding the ph makes it sound so much more glam). "they" hack into an account and send the email to all contacts and hope that someone takes the bait and sends money.

If you were a lucky recipient of the above email and responded to it, you were given info on where to wire money to. I HOPE that no one did (if you want to give me money I can give you my personal address).

After doing a little checking, it seems that I am not the first person this has happened to. If you ask around you will find someone or someone who knows someone who has a similar story.

It seems that this time it was random. This time it was not personal.




I'm not sitting on the loo smoking a fag, talking on the telly.
Getting ready to eat some blood pudding.
Taking my baby for a walk in his pram and then changing his dirty nappy.
Just another installment in the reality show that is my life.
On this weeks very special episode.......
God Save the Queen!
Tally ho!

No comments: