Thursday, September 24, 2009

T.M.I.


Dear Mackenzie Phillips,
It's too much. Too much information. While your life sounds like a V.C. Andrews novel, I just don't want to hear about it.
You have ruined the Mama's and the Papa's for me. California Dreamin' and Monday Monday will never be the same.
I need to be assured that I will not turn on the Today show and hear this kind of talk. Kids are getting ready for school! I don't want to feel like I need to shower after watching OPRAH.
Let's put all of this to rest and focus on more important topics like Jon and Kate getting rid of their dogs and Kanye being mean to that cute little Taylor Swift.
Keep on keeping on.
Sarah D.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Why isn't this woman locked in an institution for the certifiably stupid?

Sarah B. said...

Ditto what she said and give me an Amen!

Unknown said...

YIKES.

This post caused me to google this situation, and I now I, too need a shower.

Acky.

Christina said...

Really? Hmmm... I guess I think she's brave for her memoir. I'm actually eager to read the whole story. I felt bad for her on the Today show - Donny wasn't really listening to her.

Sarah D said...

I watched Knots Landing. I would not mess with Michelle Phillips.

hncfarley said...

First of all, I am so reading that book!!! I did have some similiar thoughts about the Mamas and the Papas, but I am sure a little time with the greatest hits will wipe away the lies she spins.
What they are getting rid of the dogs with the weird names???? They just can't keep it together.

Sarah D said...

Holly, you think the Newton Public Library will get it in?

I think I am going to dust off my Mama's and the Papa's greatest hits CD today and give Jack a little music appreciation. Perhaps their music will wash away the icky feelings she gave me.

hncfarley said...

Pretty sure that won't make the list for Newton Public Library's non-fiction collection, but I wonder if you could get it from another library in our district and have it sent to Newton???But then the librarians would think bad of me....hmmm.
It is definatley time for Jack to get hooked on the Mamas and the Papas.