Monday, June 11, 2007


So, I went to the Relay-For-Life this weekend. My church had a team and I had done A LOT of work helping with fundraising. By the time Relay-For-Life got here I was SOOO over it. But, they did raise a lot of money for the American Cancer Society (which I think goes to buy t-shirts). Cancer is not the point of this rant-although I will say, and I think that most people will agree, Cancer is BAD. What is the point is what happened to me at the Relay-For-Life. The event was held at the high school on the track and the Football Field (sacred ground that deserves respect). I was setting in the stand watching some cancer related entertainment and I decided to go and set in my reserved seat. All of a sudden I felt it. I looked across the field and could see the boys in their uniforms huddling up getting ready to run onto the field. "On Wisconsin" was playing in my mind as I hummed along. I could almost taste the Rotary Club porkburgers and feel Bill Huth's hand on my shoulder. I am ready for it.
To sum it all up:
CANCER=BAD
Newton Eagle Football=GOOD

9 comments:

wine_101 said...

Your blog is better than the Press Mentor on olneydailymail.com.
Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sarah,
I don't know who these "Giants" are but I say Giants drooll and Eagles rule. You rock hard and so does your blog. People that have nothing nice to say and then do it anonymously have NO BALLS!
I LOVE YOUR BLOG and check it every day. Keep it up.
Eagle Fan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Patti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michelle F said...

Wow, anonomous cyber bashing? Gotta say, pretty pathetic. If one feels as strongly about a subject (still not sure what the gripe was, Relay For Life Taco Bags or Eagle Football???) as some anonomous poster obviously did, it looks like they might have the guts to stand behind their words. A great man once said, "You can't argue with a dumbass".....
Michelle Fulton
PS- Kudos Patti for standing behind your words :)

Lisa said...

Sarah,

Your blog is great keep up the good work. And thank you for all you did for VBS!!!!!!!!!!. Your such A big help. We know what really matters.

Rebekah said...

I couldn't agree with your post more. While my thrill may not be at it's Rallying point due to the actual football game itself, I must admit it is definitely building. 2 more months until We sit in those prime seats where all of Jasper County can walk by and look twice at my children........ commenting as they go "man, those kids are beautiful in their orange and blue". 2 more months until I can sit in that seat and wait for the game to come (will it be this year??) that Jason (shout out) Fulton gives me that wave I've always wanted. ... 2 more months until Joe's Pizza and pretzels and nachos. I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!
to Sum it all up CANCER= BAD FOOTBALL= GOOD!!!!!

REBEKAH G